Easy instructions on making a meal of ground beef and rice for dogs who don’t feel well
Have you ever been sick? Chances are when you weren’t feeling well, you weren’t up to eating your normal food. I sure know when I don’t feel good food is the last thing on my mind. Has anyone ever told you about the ground beef and rice recipe for dogs who don’t feel well? This is one of my parents go-to meals when I’m under the weather. In fact, most of my dog friends have eaten this meal when they’ve been sick, and we’ve all had a few different illnesses.
Before trying this or any human-food recipes, please bring your sick dog to an animal hospital or veterinary clinic. If you can’t make the trip out to the vet’s office, you might want to call with a list of your pooch’s symptoms and ask if ground beef and rice for dogs is a healthy choice for your individual furball. Remember, some food simply is not good to give your dog, so be careful what you feed him!
Ground Beef and Rice for Dogs
When your dog is sick, you need to be careful not to upset his stomach. Feeding your four-legged friend a bland diet can help him maintain his appetite without upsetting his stomach. Ground beef and rice for dogs is the perfect meal for a pup who isn’t feeling well. Below is a step by step recipe created by my human parents and tested with my hungry canine belly.
- 1 package of organic 80/20 ground beef
- Leaner ground beef is good too, but try to stay away from the fattier mixes.
- 1 package of white rice
- Minute rice works well and cooks quickly.
- Heat a frying pan to medium/medium high heat.
- Add your ground beef. Whatever you do, do not season the beef with any kind of spice. I repeat, do not season the beef.
- While the ground beef is cooking, you can begin to cook your white rice according to package directions.
- Cook the beef until it’s brown. Cook your rice until it’s tender.
- In a bowl, begin to mix your cooked ground beef and your cooked rice together.
- Wait a minimum of 10 minutes for the beef rice mixture to cool before serving to your dog.
- Serve a small portion of the ground beef and rice for dogs meal to your sick pup and observe. If he doesn’t vomit or have diarrhea, you can feed him the rest of the serving. How much of a portion you share with your pup depends on how big your dog is.
Even when I’m sick, I still devour my meal, and I’ve been known to stop eating food completely when I don’t feel well.
You can feed your dog the ground beef and rice for dogs mixture for up to a week, but I suggest starting to mix in your pup’s regular food as soon as you see that he is acting like normal. You should also be mindful if your dog has a weight problem. This diet will pack on the pounds if given them to an extended period of time.
Oh, and my parents want me to tell you that it can be a bit tedious cooking this meal every day. They say that you can save some time by cooking a large batch of rice and beef and having it ready in the refrigerator. Just heat it up for 30 seconds, give it a mix, and it’s ready to serve! Always check the temperature of the food before you share with your pup. Even 30 seconds in the microwave can be too hot for your dog.
Have you ever made the ground beef and rice for dogs recipe? How did your pup like it? Let us know in the comments section!
Side note: Do you run a business in the pet industry? Would you like to drive more traffic and sales to your site through a search-optimized pet blog? Get in touch with my office-mates at Lantern Content Marketing!